SORROWFUL MOTHER SHRINE CHAPEL
Rebuilt after a fire in 1912 destroyed most of the building, the Sorrowful Mother Shrine Chapel is the heart of the Shrine today. It features paintings of the Seven Sorrows of Mary and a newly refurbished statue of the Sorrowful Mother holding the Body of her Son. The stained glass windows portray Mary’s role in the life of the Church as expressed in the Litany of the Blessed Virgin and Sorrowful Mother: Mary, cause of our joy; Mary, help of Christians; Mary, most powerful; Mary, comforter of the afflicted. Other windows depict scenes of Christ’s life.
Mass is celebrated in the chapel daily throughout the year.
PIETA OUTDOOR CHAPEL
Mass is celebrated in the outdoor chapel during the Spring, Summer and Fall months. The Outdoor Pieta Chapel was built in 1968 to accommodate the increasing number of pilgrims, especially from the Catholic ethnic communities of Toledo, Cleveland, Columbus, Youngstown, Detroit, Pittsburgh and Windsor, Ontario. Outdoor Masses are held in the beautiful Outdoor Pieta Chapel on Saurdays & Sundays from May through September. Mass is celebrated in the original chapel daily throughout the year.